Friday, February 29, 2008

Tonkfest

I'm out at camp this morning and we had quite the tonkfest. A tonk is an illegal alien. When you hit them on the back of the head it makes a tonk sound. Hence, the slang "tonk". I should mention that is allegedly the sound it makes. I have never tested it. Back to the point of the story though, there was a big group of tonks about 30 miles north of the Border, just south of the highway, and we had a guy with a milcam (infrared camera) who was up on top of an indian village water tower watching them. So the guy with the milcam gave us directions so that we could get just north of them, and they walked almost right to us, we flipped on our flashlights when they were maybe 100 feet away, and everyone started running.

Everyone I saw ran, which is unusual, because usually half the group just gives up. I got to tackle 5 people. I tripped over the fourth, but was able to grab the fifth as I was falling, so we had a little dogpile. We probably ended up catching about 50 of them though. I lost count, but we kept chasing after little groups of 3-5 hiding here and there spread out over a few miles. I would say less than twenty got away.

All in all it was a good time. I worked on that little project from about 2 am until 5:30 am, so it kept me awake through the 4 am tiredness.

Yesterday, I hiked 6 miles and got nothing to show for it, so today was much better. Yesterday's highlight was assisting the indian police on a warrant. We raided a house at 3 am. That was fun, but I just don't enjoy pointing my M4 at people as much as I do tackling people. We had the place surrounded for 2 hours by the time the police got the warrant, so they knew we were out there, and everyone was either ready to give up or hiding in the rafters already when we went in, so there wasn't any chasing or fighting. We got 2 tonks out of that house. I don't know what the police did with the 10 U.S. citizens in there. We were hoping for a couple thousand pounds of marijuana, and there was only a few ounces. There was a stolen vehicle, but one of the tonks had the keys, and there were some high capacity magazines with rounds, but no weapon to use them with.

2 comments:

The Royal Family said...

thanks josh your life is like a movie! be sure to put your name on the posts for everyone else, not that we would confuse this story for anyone elses lol
good to hear from you...

Grammy Sherie said...

That is awesome!

Cliff